Monday, June 23, 2014

Wish by Jake Smith


"Wish" by Jake Smith is a very powerful book.  Wish is about a young boy fighting cancer and his wish not for himself but for his dad.  I will admit this was a hard book for me to read because the first part when Aaron is taken to a Children's hospitalization the author really describes how a parent feels going into their "new home" while their child is hospitalized.  I know my son did not have cancer but when he first went in the hospital we had no idea what was going and this author really accurately expresses the feelings us parents of sick children have felt.  I highly recommend this book for everyone. Now I will admit that it is heavy on the baseball as Aaron is a huge fan and his wish for his dad does involve baseball.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...