Tuesday, September 27, 2016

The Road We Traveled by Jane Kirkpatrick

"The Road We Traveled" by Jane Kirkpatrick is a historical fiction novel about the mother of Oregon Tabitha Brown and her journey with her family to Oregon.  Just like any of Jane Kirkpatrick's novel it is well researched on the real history portion of Tabitha Brown and other characters in the story.  Her books are so well written with true history intertwined that I have a tendency to almost forget that I am reading fiction novel.   Her books always intrigue me as my husband and my family have a few ancestors that were some of the first white people to Oregon.  So reading her books always takes me to a time era that I can read about and maybe in my mind experience what our families may have experienced.  The detail in this book is so good even if you know some of the history of Tabitha Brown I don't want to give away any of this book you just need to read for yourself.  I will admit I was very impressed that the author add actual writings from Tabitha Brown real diaries but I should expect that from her as she is a very talented writers.  I highly recommend this book and really any book of Jane Kirkpatrick's.

I was given this book from Revell a division of Baker Publishing Group for my honest review and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...