Thursday, March 24, 2016

One Dress One year by Bethany Winz


"One Dress, One Year" by Bethany Winz is about how one young woman decided to wear one dress for a year to bring awareness to human trafficking.  This was an interesting book on how the author decided to bring awareness and even raise money to end human trafficking.  The book itself was not bad but I just don't understand the whole premise of it.  Even at 16 (the age the author was when she did this) there are actual things you can do to bring awareness or even help the victims of human trafficking.  I just did not understand how wearing one dress with different accessories every day brought more awareness especially since this type of thing has been done for other issues.  Maybe I am not understanding it but it just seems to me that more could have been done than just wear the same dress.  Other than my not getting it, it was an interesting book.  So I do recommend it as an interesting read.

I was given this book from Baker Books for my honest review and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...