Thursday, March 31, 2016

Delighting in God by A.W. Tozer compiled by James. L. Snyder


"Delighting in God" by A.W. Tozer is a compilation of Tozer writings compiled together by James L. Snyder.  This book is what James L. Snyder thought should be as the follow up to Tozer's last book The Knowledge of the Holy since Tozer has been dead for over 50 years.  Normally I really enjoy Tozer writings but this compiled bits was hard for me to follow as I would read one chapter and then the next just did not seem to flow together so it did not seem to be concise book.  Also one chapter really left a bad taste in my mouth and since I have no way of knowing if that chapter was part of a bigger section I had a hard time with it.  The section that left a bad taste in my mouth was when he pretty much said classical music is beneath him to listen to as now that he is closer to God it’s better to only listen to Hymns.  Now don't get me wrong I love a good hymn and I don't like a lot of modern Christian music as it is fluff or not biblical. But it was almost like he was putting hymns on a pedestal that should not be there.  It was a weird chapter I really wish Tozer was alive to explain that chapter better as James L. Snyder cannot answer exactly what Tozer was thinking when he wrote that.  It was not the best writings of Tozer's I would rather stick to the books that he wrote when he was alive and not this one.


I was given this book Bethany House Publishers for my honest review and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...