Saturday, October 17, 2015

The Road To Becoming by Jenny Simmons

"The Road To Becoming" by Jenny Simmons is more of a memoir of the author's life not so much of a book to encourage you in the Christian life.  This book was all over the place I was not expecting a memoir but that is  what I got from it.  I am not up to date on Christian bands so I had never heard of her bad Addison Road but that is beside the point.  I had a hard time reading this book as it was all over the place to me.  The biggest part that bothered me is that she seemed to be completely upset that her Christian life was a bed of roses.  I wanted to yell at times have you not read the scripture where it says in the world you will have tribulation. In context (Matthew 16:31-33 Jesus answered them, "Do you now believe? Indeed the hour is coming, yes, has now come, that you will be scattered, each to his own, and will leave Me alone.  And yet I am not alone, because the Father is with Me.  These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace.  In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the World").  I doesn't me that we have overcame the world but Jesus has.  Yes I understand she went through a lot but it was hard to read the non-stop complaining.  I think it really got me was when she said there is no beauty in a desert.  I know even the deserts of my life I have seen the beauty not right then but later on I can see it but she does not seem to see beauty in her trials.  I just could not get passed her negativity. Also she reference the gospel but really never shared it.  So I cannot recommend this book.

I was given this book fro BakerBooks a division of Baker Publishing Group and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...