Saturday, October 24, 2015

A Reason To Stay by Kellie Coates Gilbert

"A Reason To Stay" by Kellie Coates Gilbert is the third book in the Texas Gold novel
 series.  Don't worry each book in the series is a stand alone book not really even connected but all are a story that takes place in Texas.   I have read one of the previous books and really enjoyed.  Now this one was good but not great.  The story involves Faith Marin a TV reporter and her husband a pro fisherman.  It bounces between the past and current days while Faith deals with a traumatic brain injury and her relationship with her husband.  This book at times rubbed me the wrong way I just did not understand the obsessive deal of pointing out name brands and wealth.  Maybe its cause I have never lived in area where that is common but it just did not sit well with me.  It was a fast paced novel that was well written but I could just not relate to it. Now I will admit I was interested in learning more of the history of Faith which in the book is not revealed much but enough that you get an idea of it.  I wouldn't mind a book about her past.  But this book was just not for me.  If I say too much about the book it will give away too much of the story. I will recommend it if you want a book with a good story on a non perfect marriage and how our past can hurt our present.

I was given this book from Revell a division of Baker Publishing Group and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...