Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Finding Me by Kathryn Cushman


"Finding Me" by Kathryn Cushman is a about Kelli Huddleston who finds out her life has been a lie told by her now deceased father and step-mom.  She is now on a quest to find out the truth and it may be a disaster for her life or a blessing you will have to read to find out what happens.  The book was interesting at points I did get bored with it but I stuck thru and I was glad I kept reading.  Now the main character Kelli did get on my nerves some as she was very wishy-washy at times.  Now this may sound weird but I would have loved to read a book from her dad or even her step-mothers point of view.  This book does have mystery in but not your major crime type mystery which made it a fun read. However, I really wish that I could read a Christian novel without any type of romance coming into the story, as usually this one has romance in it.  Not all secular books have romance in them why does Christian authors seem to think we won't read their books if they don't have romance in them.     Anyway off my soap box it is still a good fun quick read especially if you like a little bit of mystery.  Also I loved how the author brings up how much damage an non-fiction author can do to people by writing God wants you happy and to use scripture twisting to make it look right.  So I do recommend this book for a fun quick read with at times a heavy subject.

I was given this book from Bethany House Publishers for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...