Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Rebellious Heart by Jody Hedlund



Rebellious Heart by Jody Hedlund is a Christian historical romance fiction.  The story is about a young woman named Susanna Smith from a very well off family in 1763 and of Benjamin Ross poor rural farmer. The story takes place a the eve of the Revolutionary war.  Susanna finds a woman in danger and it tests her faith in the English crown and her normal day to day life.  While Benjamin who has feelings for her is helping her and working in the underground revolutionaries.

For me this was the worst type of historical romance fiction as it was way more romance than I like in any other historical fiction I have read.  It does have adventure/mystery section however that section of the story can be a little on the rough side as it details murder and hints at rape.  The first couple chapters were the worst for the romance for example talking about the sexually nature of Susanna's ankles and feet.  The characters fell flat for me.  So this not a book I recommend its just not my cup of tea.

I received this book from BethanyHouse publishing for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...