Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Take Time to Be Holy 365 Devotional from the writings of Samuel Logan Brengle


Take Time To Be Holy by Samuel Logan Brengle is a 365 daily inspirations that are meant to help bring you closer to God.  Samuel Logan Brengle was a preacher and Salvation Army officer in the 1800's and early 1900's.  It has a scripture verse on each page and then an excerpt from some of Mr. Brengle's writings below as the devotional.

This is a good devotional from what I have already read as I just received it a couple of days ago.It has already helped me think of my relationship with God. Another feature I like about this devotional is that it is a small book that I could easily fit into a purse if I wanted to take it with me.  However there is one feature of it that did rub me the wrong way knowing the time frame that Mr. Brengle wrote his writings  in the verses in my opinion should have been quoted from a Kings James Bible not any newer version.  As he wrote using that version of the Bible and not any of the newer ones.  To me that dropped it to a 3 star rating out of a 5 star rating for me.  So if the use of modern Bible versions with Mr. Brengle's writing does not bother you then this would be a good devotional.

Tyndale House Publishers sent me a free copy of this book for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...