Monday, September 30, 2013

The Miner's Lady by Tracie Peterson


The Miner's Lady by Tracie Peterson is actually the 3rd in the series called Land of Shining Water. However it is a series where you can read the any book in the series and not miss anything or get confused.  This book is about a young woman named Chantel Panetta whose sister has fallen in love the youngest son of her families arch enemy family the Calarco's.  They enemies from a past wrong and are both here in America as two hard working mining families.  Chantel meets her sister's love interest's brother Dante and the sparks fly not just romance but in other ways.

This one was an ok book as I am not a romance reader but I was very impressed by the story of bravery and forgiveness.  I was also impressed that it did not do the normal Romeo and Juliet thing with the death of the couple (I am so sick of that). We see how Christ moves in the heart of both families of forgiveness one quickly and one slowly.  We also see the romance between the younger siblings of each family and the quick romance of Chantell and Dante.  The point of this book that I like the least is the side story of a murderer in the community that is cheating people and killing those who disagree with him.   I would have liked less of that side story and more from the view point of Dante's father.  Still if you like clean historical romance type stories then I would recommend this one.

I was given this book by Bethany House for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...