Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Excellent Book Return To Me by Lynn Austin



Return To Me by Lynn Austin is her take on events that surround the books of Ezra and Nehemiah from the viewpoints of the exile Iddo, his grandson Zechariah, and a young girl named Yael. We start off in first with Daniel translating the message that God wrote on the wall of the party that King Belshazzar had.  After that the story continues in Babylon then goes to some of the Jewish people deciding if they are going to leave Babylon to go back to Jerusalem.  We see how different families that are around Iddo's decide if they are going to go back or stay in Babylon.  We also see how the pagan religions of Babylon have affected peoples beliefs.

This was a very good book even with a side store that I knew from the start where it was going. Usually that ruins a book for me but not this time.  I really enjoyed that she wrote about how being in Babylon did effect the Jewish people and how it influenced a lot of the people on their beliefs.  Plus it showed he people will compromise once they get away from God's truth.  I like how she also does not make the people look like superheroes and that they have their own faults.  The scripture never shows people as superheros and this book didn't either.  But remember this one author's view of events around biblical events do not take it as scripture.  A very good book I highly recommend it, I even plan on down the road buying the not digital copy.

I was given this by via e-book for free from via NetGalley from Bethany House Publishing and was not required to submit a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...