Sunday, January 21, 2018

Out of the Ashes by Tracie Peterson

"Out of the Ashes" by Tracie Peterson and Kimberley Woodhouse is the second book in the Heart of Alaska book series. The series takes place in the early 1900's while Alaska is still a territory.  In this book we meat a Frenchman named  Jean-Michel Langelier who wants to escape the memories of war.  At the same time an woman from his past a young widow named Katherine is there trying to heal from an abusive husband.  We have some of the characters from the first book as we see more of their stories but mainly it is about Jean-Michel and Katherine so you could read this book without having read the first one.  This was a well paced story that was a romance but mainly it was about healing from our wounds and not letting them guide the future of the characters lives.  I highly recommend this book series.

I was given this book from Net Galley for free and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...