Monday, January 15, 2018

A Plain Leaving by Leslie Gould

"A Plain Leaving" by Leslie Gould is the first book in the Sisters of Lancaster County book series.   It involves Jessica Bachman who left the Amish life and now has to come back to deal with her father's death.  Most of her family is not happy to see her but some are and she learns of interesting plus important things of her families past and present.  This was an interesting story as it wasn't the normal former Amish woman comes back and everyone welcomes her with open arms.  No, it was the opposite most were I would say hateful to her.  It was interest book that combined a story of the present with a family story from the 1700's.  It did not have the normal Amish fiction style romance it was mainly just about a good old fashioned story.  I highly recommend it and can't wait for the next one.

I was given this book from Net Galley for free and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...