Thursday, January 25, 2018

On Pills and Needles by Rick Van Warner

"On Pills and Needles" by Rick Van Warner is the story of a father trying to save his son from Opioid Addiction. This book is a powerful look from a father's standpoint dealing with his soon starting as a teen.  His story is the story of many parents in this country.  Many spending their own money hoping their child will be clean with rehab but a lot of times the rehab system is broken also.   Also we need to understand this story starts with a prescription drug called OxyContin which is also called a synthetic heroin.  The damage that this drug and actual heroin can cause in a community is devastating but not always as devastating as it is to the family of an addict.  This book helps us remember that the addicts are people also and that someone out there does love them.  Very powerful and I highly recommend it.

I was given this book from BakerBooks a division of Baker Publishing Group for free and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...