Thursday, December 28, 2017

Fire Road by Kim Phuc Phan Thi

"Fire Road" by Kim Phuc Phan Thi is the memoir of the woman who as a child who after being being burned by a napalm bomb a iconic Vietnam war picture was taken.  It not only talks about her childhood before and after the bombing but her adulthood also her faith.  What a powerful book on forgiveness and the peace that comes from it.  Her story is so powerful and I will admit hard to read.  The physical and even the emotional pain the author survived is just mind blowing.  When I first seen this picture in high school I did believe she could survive what happened.  So to read her story on what happened afterwards was just mind blowing.  I just don't know what else to say but I highly recommend it.

I was given this book from Tyndale Publishers for free and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...