Monday, August 21, 2017

The Real God by Chip Ingram

"The Real God" by Chip Ingram is a book about the seven attributes of God.  This was a very interesting and detailed book on God's attributes.  Each attribute is well explained and how we are to respond to each attribute.  This was a very informative book that I did enjoy except for one thing that seems to be normal thing in these type of books.  What is that one item?  Well it is the use of multi different versions of the scripture.  Why if you are solid in your doctrine do you need to mix the use good translations with bad paraphrases such as the message.  The mix of translations and paraphrases always seems to border on the trying to make scripture fit your beliefs.  Even with that issue I still recommend this book as it was a good study,

I was given this book from Baker Books for free and not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...