Sunday, July 17, 2016

Un-ashamed by Lecrae

"Un-ashamed" by Lecrae is the biography of of the rapper that is known best from the Christian rap world Lecrae.  This was a very interesting biography he did not have his life handed to him on a silver platter.  Even though he was given opportunities to make himself better when he was young he still took to women and drugs.  This is a powerful story, Lecrae does not hold back on what has happened to him when he was a child which was sexual abuse by a female babysitter.  Which to me is a reminder to society that we need to remember that females can be sexual abusers also.  His faith has been weak and strong for him at times.  He has been a legalist at times at he will admit this.   But near the end of this book I got kinda of confused on what he believed it was an odd portion.  But I will recommend it for anyone that is one of his fans to read or even if you are not his fan.

I was given this book from Net Galley for my honest review and not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...