Wednesday, September 2, 2015

On This Foundation by Lynn Austin


"On This Foundation" by Lynn Austin is the third book in "The Restoration Chronicles" book series.    This one is about Nehemiah going back to rebuild the walls of Jerusalem.  I enjoy how this author takes what happened in the Bible story and make a story around it.  But she does not add or take away from what we know from scripture which is nice.  The other major portion of the book is about a wealthy woman Chana and her story of marrying after her first finance died and her love for God and the nation of Israel.  Also of the young woman Nava who would becomes the bond servant of Chana's new finance.  Lynn Austin as usually writes a very good story while developing the story of side main characters so much that I forget I am reading a fiction novel.  The stories of Chana and Nava are so well done I would even like to see more books are just their stories.  I really want to say more about their stories but I don't want to give away the book.   Lets just say this book really brings the story of the rebuilding the walls of Jerusalem to life.  I highly recommend this book and the who Restoration Chronicles series.

I was given this Advanced Reader Copy from Net Galley for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...