Monday, September 21, 2015

Blessed Blessed Blessed by Missy Robertson


"Blessed Blessed Blessed" by Missy Robertson is the story of her and Jase Robertson's life before their daughter Mia for a short part of the book while the rest is on the powerful story of Mia born with a cleft palate and lip. This book came in the mail just at the right time for me as we were just getting ready to go to our states children's hospital to have a medical test done on our son that could have been very serious (turned out to be nothing but a fluke in the testing at our local clinic).  This book was so powerful and uplifting I really could not put it down.  I really enjoyed Missy's honesty on how she felt and how Jase reacted to everything that they have lived thru in their married life with their children.  She was very open and honest on the feelings during all of Mia's surgeries and obstacles in life.  Mia is such a treasure and blessing to her family and community, I really can't wait to see where God's plan for her as an adult is.  She is such a strong young girl with a great attitude her family is so blessed by her.   I think the most powerful part of the book though was when Missy talks about having to grieve that their life and Mia's life will not be the normal that society expects as norm.  And then to accept their new normal in life.  For us parents that deal with health issues that are not always the norm in society that was so helpfully knowing how someone else also felt.  This is a very powerful book and I highly recommend it.

I was given this book from Tyndale Publishers for my honest review and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...