Saturday, July 4, 2015

The Innocent by Ann H. Gabhart

"The Innocent" by Ann Gabhart is about a possible Civil War widow Carolyn Kearney who thinks she has no-where to go but to join the Shakers.  While with the Shakers murder starts to surround the peaceful community which sheds a cloud over her but the Sheriff who likes Carolyn wants to find the true killer.  This book was very interesting as I did not know much about the Shaker religion.  I was worried that it would have been more of a romance novel but it wasn't.  It really more about Carolyn coming to terms with her relationship with Christ and coming to terms with may have happened to her husband in the Civil War.  I think I was most interested in how the Shaker's were.  I had no idea on their false belief it was a very informative book even though it was a fiction book.  The author really did her research on their beliefs.  The characters in the story we very interesting my only problem was I would have like a little more history on some of the side characters.  I will recommend this book as a good book not just for the story but the information on the Shakers.

I was given this book Revell a division of Baker Publishing Group for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...