Sunday, March 29, 2015

Sand In My Sandwich by Sarah Parshall Perry


"Sand In My Sandwich" by Sarah Parshall Perry is the memoir of the author on her marriage and being a mother of 3 beautiful children with 2 on the Autism spectrum.   The author has a wonderful way with words to the point where I can just picture her story.  She is very honest about her need for perfection before she met her husband and how children even changed her even further.  Now don't expect this book to be just about her life with her children and the issues that having children on the Autism spectrum bring.  Its about all of her life as a wife and mother.  She admits life was and still is not always easy. The most important thing she she talks about how the Lord brought her thru everything that has happened in her life. The other thing I think I liked second best about this book was that the author is very honest with us readers, not all memoirs are like that now days.  I hope this book especially brings understanding to people that don't realize how hard it is to be a parent of children on the Autism spectrum.  I am glad she sees her children as blessing.  It was a very encouraging book that I could not put down once I started reading it.  I highly recommend it.

I was given this book from Revell a division of Baker Publishing Group and was not required to give it a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...