Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Mothering From Scratch by Melinda Means & Kathy Helgemo


"Mothering From Scratch" by Melinda Means & Kathy Helgemo is showing us mom's that there is no one right way to be a mom.  Also it dwells on how we need to focus on our relationship with Christ and husbands.  This is not just a book for new moms, young moms, or older moms its for any stage of mom even grown children moms as it is a great book to use with the Bible to help mentor moms.  I really liked how the author's pointed out that what works for one family may not work for another as God has made us each different.  I really appreciated this as I see so much of the if you don't dress similar, act similar, or do all the little crafty pinterest things for your family then maybe you are not doing the whole mom thing wrong.  I also loved to seeing how they wrote about treating each of your children as individuals with their own path in life.  They brought up something that was interesting from both of their own childhoods which is how they where mothered affecting how they mother now whether its good or bad.  We sometimes forget that as Christian mom or any mom that every family is different and we should parent our children they way God wants us to for our family not others. There is just so much good points in this book that I just can't say them all without just copying the book for you.  (There is one word of warning Catholicism is brought up as a positive thing) I really enjoyed this book it helped me in ways I really needed encouragement in.  I highly recommend this book even for Mother In Laws or moms to adult children as a way to encourage the moms they know around them.
I was given this book by Bethany House Publishers and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...