Monday, March 23, 2015

Blessing For The Morning by Susie Larson


"Blessing For The Morning" by Susie Larson is an encouragement notes geared toward women for a quick read.  I was looking forward to reading this thinking maybe it would give a good encouragement about God and Christ. Sorry to say it was not encouraging unless you considering a bunch of  encouraging notes about your self instead of Christ as encouraging.  The most common phrase from the notes is "may you" and very little about Christ.   It even heads into territory that I do not agree with such as the name it claim area.  For example "May countless blessings chase and overtake you", blessings do not chase you, God gives them freely.  This book depressed me more than encouraged me as if my blessings and encouragement relied on me then I would be so worse off.  I lean on Christ not on myself.  If you want a good devotional then pick up one by John MacArthur or subscribe to RC Sproul's monthly magazine Tabletalk.  I do not recommend this book to anyone.

I was given this book for my honest review from Bethany House.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...