Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Portlandia Cookbook


"The Portandia Cook Book" is an excellent cookbook for fans of the show Portlandia.  Now most of my readers will have not heard of the show so I will warn you right now not all the skits are decent (I have learned which characters to skip).  Portlandia takes the uniqueness of Portland, Oregon and makes fun of it.  And I love the city of Portland I know as a conservative Christian how can I love a city that is so very liberal and out there.  Well number 1.  I love the unique aspects of it, 2.  The mission field there is huge 3.  People that live there are more honest about what they believe than where I am at right now (fake fronts are a big part of life here).  Anyway back to the book it has many different recipes some you were foods talked about in the show like the  Craig's Crazy Guac Tacs.  Plus other recipes that fit with the style of the show.  Also there is comments from some of the characters and other notes.  I have already tried one recipe and the part of our family that could eat it loved it. It was the Babysitter's Mac and Cheese oh so so good. Not the best picture but here is a picture of it.

I can't wait to try more recipes from this fun cookbook (how often can you call a cookbook fun?). I recommend this cookbook for anyone who wants an odd cookbook or is a fan of Portlandia.
I was given this book from Blogging for Books for my honest review and not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...