Tuesday, December 30, 2014

21 Things the Devil Cannot Do by Duane Vander Klok


"21 Things The Devil Cannot Do" by Duane Vander Klok is a book where the title tells you what it is about.  This book is not at all on the same level as the previous book I read about satan and demons.  The author is all over the place to me.  They were some good points in it such as not dating an unbeliever so that you can bring them to Christ as that can cause big troubles. One point he made that told that is was more about his opinion than scripture that the devil cannot understand the Bible.  My understanding is that devil will and does twist scripture looks at the first sin with Adam and Eve or even the temptation of Christ the devil knew the word of God twisted it to his liking.  Then in another chapter of the book the author talks about how the devil can't harm you but if you are negative you are cursing yourself.  Excuse me where does it say that we are more harming that the devil.  Also if being negative is a sin then why did Jesus himself call the pharisee white washed tombs that doesn't sound positive to me.  So this book is a big thumbs down for me.

I was given this book by Chosen a division of Baker Publishing Group for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...