Saturday, July 5, 2014

"All For A Sister" By Allison Pittman


Summary
"All For A Sister" by Allison Pittman is the third in the "All For" series.  One nice thing about the "All For" series is that you don't have to read in any order as each book is their own story with each taking place in the roaring twenties.  "All For A Sister" is about Celeste DuFrane a movie star who finds out her mom left half the estate to a women (Dana Lundgren) who was accused of killing Celeste's older sister when she was an infant.  Celeste and Dana find out each other stories which bring up other questions.  This was an intense and interesting book.
My Thoughts
"All For A Sister" is my favorite book in the "All For" series.  Through out the book we have Celeste's mom's story of what happened to her baby girl "Mary" to all the way up to right before her own death. We also have Celeste's story of her childhood which was not all peaches and cream.  Finally we have Dana's story of being a twelve year old girl put in jail for the death of little "Mary" to her life in the present time of the book.  Each chapter at the top tells us who this chapter is about and what time frame it is in. If you are going to read any of the books in this series read this one at least.  It is a very well written story, I was so into it and could picture everything happening.  I highly recommend this book.

I was given this book by Tyndale Publishers for my honest review and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...