Friday, February 3, 2017

Human Acts by Han Kang

"Human Acts" by Han King is about a violent student uprising in South Korea in the 1980's from the perspective of the victims and those that were left behind.  This book was powerful and graphic.  No not sexual graphic like so many today but violent graphic.  As it really explains in detail what has happen in the violent uprising to the victims.  It is not a pretty thing and it is not a book to read if you get queasy easily.  It also dwells into the mental damage done to the survivors.  Oh this book is so hard to read but at the same time very powerful.  The ways people have suffered to fight for what they think is right is so evident in this book.  I highly recommend it as it is a powerful read but be warned it is stomach churning.

I was given this book from Blogging for Books for free and not required to give a review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...