Monday, February 6, 2017

In the Shadow of Denali by Tracie Peterson


"In the Shadow of Denali" by Tracie Peterson and Kimberley Woodhouse is the first in "The Heart of Alaska" series. It takes place in the early 1900's as Cassidy Ivanoff and her father help with coming visit of President Harding's visit.  Cassidy is a cook's assistant while her father John is an exploration guide for wealthy clients.  Years prior John was with a group that lost a member the father of Allan Brennan whom has come to Mount Denali to find out answers on why or how his dad died.  This book was interesting on bringing true history of Alaska with a fictional mystery and romance story.  The mystery is the main portion of the story.  I really liked how the authors intertwined the main characters history with the present.  This was well written book that had a very entertaining story without a huge amount of romance or drama to it.  I highly recommend it as a fun read and can't wait for the next book in the series.

I was given this book from Bethany House for free and was not required to give it a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...