Sunday, June 28, 2015

Until the Harvest by Sarah Loudin Thomas


"Until The Harvest" by Sarah Loudin Thomas is about Henry Phillips, Mayfair Hoffman and Margaret Hoffman and they their lives work together after the death of Henry's father.  After the unexpected death of Henry's father, Henry gets involved with the wrong crowd, while Margaret takes care of Henry's grandmother with her sister Mayfair who people think of as a healer. One note is that this book takes part in the mid 70 which you do have to keep in mind for part of the story.  Parts of this book I enjoyed like the characters of Henry, Charlie and Margaret.  But the side portion of Mayfair I just did not enjoy at all for most of the book at least to me her character was almost treated like God as being able to heal some people. Near the end faith in Christ is mention but almost like an after thought.  Mayfair was given more credit that I would have liked.  This book was one I just don't know where I stand with it, if I liked it or hated it.  One moment I could not put it down then another moment I did not want to finish it but I did and I still don't know if I like it or not.  So I will have to leave my recommendation on this book on the table.  In other words I will let you decide if you should read it or not.

I was given this book from Bethany House Publishers and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...