Monday, June 22, 2015

In Our Backyard by Nita Belles

"In Our Backyard" by Nita Belles is a book about human trafficking in America not sex trafficking but all kinds of human trafficking.  This was a very powerful book, it did not just give you details on human trafficking but also how to help people.  I liked how the author wrote about people being trafficked not just sex but in work area also.  Also she brings up that a lot of traffickers were victims themselves.  Also she brings up that this can happen to anyone in any area or background.  Us in small town areas we have a tendency to think oh it can't happen, but its actually more common to have victims come from small areas as they are more trusting.  It drives me nuts when people say oh human trafficking only happens in small areas and to kids in troubled families.  So not true, victims are from every type of family and community.  This author really points that out and I hope it opens the eyes of many people.  A lot of this book I already knew but it still informed me on things that I did not know.  I highly recommend this book for everyone to read.

I was given this book Baker Books and was not required to give a honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...