Wednesday, June 17, 2015

"I'm Happy For You Sort of...Not Really" by Kay Wills Wyma


"I'm Happy For You Sort of...Not Really" by Kay Wills Wyma is about finding contentment in our world of comparison.  I really wanted to really like this book a lot but it turned out to be an ok book.   I was warn out just reading how often the author and her friends compared themselves to others.  Yes we all compare ourselves to someone at sometime but the amount she writes about is just overwhelming.   I am mean yes I do compare myself to others at times but then I try to remember we don't see their whole life. Plus God made us with our likes and strengths different no one is going to be the same. Also to me when people are focused on comparing to others they have a tendency to also look down on others that a very different from them which is the attitude I usually get.  The point that really got me was when she was upset that a medical professional called one of her children not normal and that upset her.  Ok maybe that just bugged me cause all my life I have been a not normal person in society's eyes and don't think its a bad thing.  Yes she does come to the realization that we are all not normal but it just kinda bothered me that at first she thought that was a bad thing.  There were some encouraging parts to help you find contentment but not enough for me to warrant keeping the book to refer to when I need to.  This is one of those books that I am just not sure if I want to recommend it or not.  So I will leave it up to you to decide if you should read it or not.

I was given this book from Blogging For Books and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...