Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Hidden Agenda By Lisa Harris


"Hidden Agenda" by Lisa Harris is a Christian mystery romance.  It is about the undercover cop who everyone thinks is dead named Michael Hunt.  He is rescued from being killed by a drug cartel by the most unlikely of rescuers one of the cartel leaders daughter and son.  That is enough of the story without giving much away.  I was intrigued to read this book as I like a good mystery.  My favorite character in the whole book is Ivan the son of one of the cartel's who is also deaf.  The young man was portrayed in the book as very smart and brave he was an wonderful character in the book.  This one was not to my liking as I like my story not to have a constant amount of action or a the hints of romance. The book was a constant action book which is not always my style except in mystery movies.   It would be a great movie but just needed to slow down a little bit for my taste in books.  Also I just don't think that every mystery book out there especially in the Christian world needs romance in them, I am tired of the romance in almost every Christian fiction I read especially the ones that are not listed as romance. I still would recommend this book for anyone who likes a fast paced action type mystery romance book.

I received this book from Revell a division of Baker Publishing Group and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...