Monday, February 2, 2015

Romancing Your Better Half by Rick Johnson


"Romancing Your Better Half, Keeping Intimacy Alive in Your Marriage" by Rick Johnson is a book about keeping your marriage solid through out your or your spouses life. I was interested in this book as I have a solid marriage but I am always interested in reading about ways to keep in solid.  It is from a man's point of view but still very good for women to read also. Also it is from a Christian stand point so if that turns you off then don't read it.  This was an excellent book it did not give the fake attitude of if you do this everything in your marriage will be perfect.  The author does not mix words that marriage is work and not candy and roses.  I really appreciate that.    The author does bring up that what has happened to us in our childhood does affect our marriage and future. Which is true as I see that so much between my husband and I.  He also gives us practical ways to help or build up marriages even more.  Another thing that did impress me with the author is he gave us readers insight into his marriage whether it be good or bad.  A very honest heartfelt book.  I highly recommend it.

I was given this book from Revell a division of Baker Publishing Group and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...