Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Exploring Christian Theology book review


This book Exploring Christian Theology by Nathan D. Holsteen and Michael J. Svigel is a layman's book on Theology.  Now don't be scared by the word Theology it just means the study of God, something all us Christian should love to do.  Even with theology books you should compare them to the Word of God.  This book is not a straight forward theology book it also gives warnings, compares different teachings and even straight forward theology.  I have to admit my favorite section is the section where the authors give us danger to avoid in modern so called theology.  Now there was one portion of the book that I did appreciate at all was where in the book they did comparisons or explanations using modern movies or books as their example.  To me that brings the book down because in 50 years some of those movies and book may not be known so someone would not know or understand the reference.  An excellent theology book for the common man should be able to show examples without using our generations movies or books as example/references.  So that is why I can only say that this book is good and not great.

I received this book from Bethany House Publisher for my honest reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...