Friday, January 3, 2014

Kids Historical Fiction from Adventures In Odyssey


Summary
"The Imagination Station, The Redcoats Are Coming!" by Marianne Hering and Nancy I. Sanders is book #13 in the Adventures in Odyssey, Imagination Station series. Just so you know I have not read the previous 12 books but that did not matter I was still able to get into this book.  The main characters are Patrick and Beth cousins who Whit sends back to 1775.

My thoughts
This is a wonderful historical fiction book for children.  I have to admit I am not a big Adventures in Odyssey fan but this book blew away my expectations.  It starts with Whit talking to the two cousins Patrick and Beth about their upcoming trip to Boston.  He reveals that he has a letter for Paul Revere not just any letter but one that the cousins need to deliver to Paul Revere himself.  The cousins end up working with the patriots and helping Paul Revere on his famous run.  The twins come into the typical trouble involving helping the patriots that you probable can figure will happen but it still is a fun read.  At the end it leaves the book open for the next book in the series which I do want to read myself.  I can't wait for my youngest to read this when we do the American Revolution in a couple weeks.

I received this book from Tyndale House Publishers for free for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...