Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Henry by Katrina Shawver

"Henry" by Katrina Shawver is a book about Henry a polish swimmers life and friendships from Auschwitz to America.  What a powerful book, yes, books from Holocaust survivors are almost always powerful but this one was different.  Why do I say different as the author writes what Henry reveals to her and he did not hold back anything he seen even pictures he had.  Some of the things this man had seen and told about I had no idea about as I had not heard about them such as the women that were made to be prostitutes for some of the prisoners.  The horror that people put other people thru is just horrible but this book is a must read.  It may be hard to read for older teens but if they are studying on World War 2 that they need to read it.  I highly recommend this book just know it is graphic and open and honest.

I was given this book from NetGalley for my honest review and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...