Friday, January 22, 2016

The Gentle Art Of Discipling Women by Dana Yeakley


"The Art of Discipling Women" by Dana Yeakley is a book on discipling women to an authentic faith with Christ.  I will admit I was thinking this was going to be the normal type of discipling book I see for women on how to keep house but nothing on how to mentor disciple someone with scripture.  I was so wrong, this book was a very good book on actually using the scripture.  The author goes into detail on how to mentor using scripture as the source and not other books.  I also really enjoyed how she brought up that we need to be very careful on not doing gossip.  I also enjoyed that she talks about discipling all women not just the ones you think need it.  That part really hit home for me as I have never had another Christian woman come up and disciple me which hurts but I have gotten used to it.  I pray one day I can be discipled and/or disciple someone else but if that is not God's plan for me then ok.  The only thing I did not really enjoy in this book was the quotes using the Message paraphrase as I do not like that one at all to me it twists scripture to much for my likes.  I still highly recommend this book as an excellent book discipling.

I was given this book from NetGally for my honest review and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...