Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Tranquility by David W. Henderson


"Tranquility" by David W. Henderson is about slowing down to take the time to be with Christ and not with the business of life.  This book really goes into details on not what to do but why we need to slow down our lives and focus on Christ.  I really liked how the author points out that all our business in our society can be harmful spiritually besides physically.  We have a tendency to think as American Christians if we are not constantly busy then we are sinning which is not true.  No I am not advocating for pure laziness but we do need to slow down and take our time with the Lord.  This book really encouraged me on that.  I was very encouraged by this book even though at times I had a hard time picking it up to read for reason.  I highly recommend this book to remind you to take time with Christ and life around you.

I was given this book from Baker Bakers for my honest review and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...