Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Elsa Schiaparelli by Meryle Secrest

"Elsa Schiaparelli" by Meryle Secrest is a biography on the unique famous designer Elsa Schiaparelli whose designs where at the height of the time between the World War's.   I was very interested in this book because I like unique designers but it flopped big time for me.  Elsa Schiaperlli might have been an interesting person but this book did not bring that out at all.  I had a very hard time reading so much so that I could not even finish it.  I usually love biography books and just read them very quickly but this one was horrible it jumped around.  I got of information on her husband in the first part of it.  I would have to re-read sections over and over again just to see if I understood what the author was trying to say.  I did love the photos of the woman's creations though but that was the only positive I had from the book. So I was very disappointed could have been a great biography but it wasn't.  I will say read this book for yourself as you make enjoy it I just know I didn't.

I was given this book from Blogging for books for my honest review and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...