Sunday, September 28, 2014

The Story Keeper by Lisa Wingate



"The Story Keeper" by Lisa Wingate is about a New York publisher Jen Gibbs trying to find an author of a story that has appeared on her desk but the area the possible author lives is also the area she ran from so she has to face her past also.  This book takes place in the Blue Ridge Mountains in North Carolina and a little bit in New York City.  This book is really 2 story's in one.  One story is Jen's and why she ran from her family.  The other one is the book she is researching which is called The Story Keeper which is about a mixed race girl named Sarra.  I really felt that both stories would have been better as their own books.  I started to get into the story of Sarra but then I was switched back to Jen's stories. Jen's story was very interesting but at times it seemed be lacking.  Her family was very abusive and extremely legalistic. She talks about their legalistic Christianity but nothing about Biblical Christianity and that is where I think it was lacking the most.  This book was a mix bag for me one moment I enjoyed the next I didn't. It could have been a much better book with each story as their own books.  However, I still recommend this book as a good fun book to read.

I was given this book by Tyndale Publishers for my honest review and not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...