Thursday, September 18, 2014

"Doctor Who The Blood Cell" by James Goss


"Doctor Who: The Blood Cell" by James Goos is a science fiction book that is about of course Doctor Who specifically as of this writing the current Doctor and his companion Clara.  Ok Doctor Who fans (yep our whole family are fans) this book takes place with the twelfth doctor in a prison for the most extreme and worst prisoners and Clara trying to help him.  It is written from the governor of the prison's viewpoint.  To me this book was at true to the show adaptions of the Doctor and Clara which was important to me.  The story was interesting but it also was choppy and confusing at times.  I know I know Doctor Who itself can be choppy and confusing but this was a little more than normal. I really enjoyed the banter though of Clara and the governor. The book did have some good twists but overall it was just blah which bummed me out.  However I still enjoyed it as I needed a light hearted weird break from other books and this one gave it to me.   I still recommend it for Doctor Who fans or who are interested in trying a lighthearted/weird science fiction book.

I was given this book by Blogging for Books for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...