Saturday, March 3, 2018

Phoebe's Light by Suzanne Woods Fisher

"Phoebe's Light" by Suzanne Woods Fisher is the first book in the Nantucket Legacy book series that takes place in pre-revolutionary war America.  The author really did her history on the timeline of the people, the Quakers and whale.  rs.  I will admit that this is the third book I have read lately about the Quakers and pre-revolutionary time frame so I am beginning to think that this the start of a new trend instead of Amish.  The main character Phoebe living her life while learning about her Great-Grandma.  Sadly I really had a hard time getting into this as it really felt formulaic and I really did not like it.  At times I enjoyed the book but most of the time I got tired of the typical characters and story.  So I don't recommend it as I am not into the same old same old books.

I was given this book from Revell a division of Baker Publishing group and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...