Tuesday, May 6, 2014

"Persecuted" By Robin Parrish


"Persecuted" by Robin Parrish is a good novel that could take place now or even in the future.  It starts with with an assassin named Mr. Gray getting a phone call from a politician about a possible job if something doesn't go his way.  Then we are introduced to evangelist and preacher John Luther the head pastor of Truth Ministries talking against bill in congress that supposedly gives religion equal standing which waters down not only Christianity but everyone's religion.  Well John Luther doesn't realize that he has friend/enemy will do anything to get the bill passed, his supposed friend Senator Harrison.  Senator Harrison will do anything to get his bill pass and that is hire Mr. Gray to ruin John Luther's reputation but not kill him.  Through out the whole book we go from past to present.  The past is John Luther's past as a former drug, alcohol, and domestic abuser. Also we see his relationship with his father a pastor himself.  That is all I will give away as the book is all mystery.  

I really enjoyed this all the different story lines in this book.  I really was impressed by the story of John Luther's past. Also in how what is happening to him now was not his fault but it did make him realize that faith in Jesus Christ and not man is what is important. For once we have a story with a major pastor character that falls but not from something bad he has done.  When I first started reading this book I thought this would be a great movie then I seen listed on the cover it was based on a movie.  I do highly recommend this book as it is a very good mystery.

I was given this book by Bethany House for my honesty review and was not required to give a positive review.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...