Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Wildwood Creek By Lisa Wingate


Summary
"Wildwood Creek" by Lisa Wingate is a Christian novel that is a mix of historical and current times. It is about a community called Wildwood Creek.  In the 1860 it involves a young teacher named Bonnie Rose and her little sister and how/when the town of Wildwood Creek mysteriously disappeared.  In present day it involves Allie Kirkland who is working for a movie company filming a docudrama about the town of Wildwood Creek on its actual location.  Allie finds herself connected to Bonnie Rose and her own mystery happening while she is at the Wildwood Creek location.

My Thoughts
Sometimes books that go between the past and current times it gets on my nerves but this one did not do that.  It was very clear when it when to the past and when it was in current times.  This was a nice mystery not over done and not very slow.  I was intrigued by each story and how they end up coming together.  Yes there was a little romance in it at first I did not even notice it so that was nice.  One day maybe I will read a Christian novel without any romance but otherwise this was very good book.  I would highly recommend it to anyone to read.

I received this book from Bethany House Publishing for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...