Friday, December 9, 2016

The Pattern Artist by Nancy Moser

"The Pattern Artist" by Nancy Moser is a novel about English housemaid Annie Wood and the adventures she ends up having after coming to America with her wealthy mistress in the early 1900's.  Annie's story is very interesting as she starts out as a wide-eyed young woman looking for adventure and finds it in more ways than one.  This is a very good story with a strong lead character in Annie.  I really enjoyed how the story progress over time and we see that our pasts can effect our future or others in ways we could not imagine.  We also see how woman were treated by society at the time which was not always good.  We even have a small section of the story that includes the titanic which added a little more history to the story.  I highly recommend this book as it is such a good one that I got physical copy of it just for my bookshelf to be able to re-read it again.

I was given this book from Net Galley for free and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...