Friday, February 19, 2016

What We Believe by R.C. Sproul

"What We Believe" by R.C. Sproul is an update of the previously titled book Renewing Your Mind.  This book is a detailed understanding of the Apostles' Creed and why it is important.  This book is a really good break down of each section of the Apostles' Creed. Using scripture to answer why each section says what it says but keeps the scripture is in context. It also brings in modern beliefs and ideas to explain items that are still happening in the modern era without taking away the original meaning of the Apostles' Creed.  My favorite part would have to be where he goes into detail on why Mary is important but not to the levels that the Roman Catholic church has put her at.  Another great book from R.C. Sproul.   I highly recommend it as a great way to learn more about the Apostles Creed.

I was given this book from BakerBooks a division of Baker Publishing Group for my honest review and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...