Sunday, January 21, 2018

The Last Girl by Nadia Murad

"The Last Girl" by Nadia Murad is the powerful story of a young woman who was life as she knew was stolen from ISIS. Nadia was a poor young woman just living her life in her Yazidi community Iraw when ISIS came thru and destroyed her life in ways no one should ever have to go thru.  I just don't know how she has the strength to write about the deaths she seen and the rapes she had to endure as being used as a sex slave by ISIS.  The emotional and physical torture she dealt with most could never even live thru let alone write about.  But her story and the story of many other victims of ISIS need to be heard. If you want to read this powerful book then you need to know this is not a warm fuzzy book it is telling the real truth.  The evil of people (she talks about not only the men members but also the woman members) blows my mind but I know it is out there.  I highly recommend this book so you can know what other people and some of the refugees have had to go thru.

I was given this book from blogging for books for free and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...