"On Pills and Needles" by Rick Van Warner is the story of a father trying to save his son from Opioid Addiction. This book is a powerful look from a father's standpoint dealing with his soon starting as a teen. His story is the story of many parents in this country. Many spending their own money hoping their child will be clean with rehab but a lot of times the rehab system is broken also. Also we need to understand this story starts with a prescription drug called OxyContin which is also called a synthetic heroin. The damage that this drug and actual heroin can cause in a community is devastating but not always as devastating as it is to the family of an addict. This book helps us remember that the addicts are people also and that someone out there does love them. Very powerful and I highly recommend it.
I was given this book from BakerBooks a division of Baker Publishing Group for free and was not required to give a positive review.
A blog about books and whatever else comes to my mind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Honesty
Honesty on my old posts I am not going to go back and review to delete an old post. You will learn I have changed and my eyes have been ope...
-
"Catch A Star" by Tamika Catchings is the life story of Tamika a professional basketball player who was born partial deaf that o...
-
"Better Together" by Jill Savage and Anne McClane is a book about making mom friends and keeping them. This book was a toss u...
-
Summary "Blind Trust" by Sandra Orchard is the second novel in the Port Aster Secrets series. The main lead in the book is ...
-
"Buried Secrets" by Irene Hannon is a murder mystery novel that is the first book in the Men Of Valor series. I have read a bo...
No comments:
Post a Comment