Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Becoming Mom Strong by Heidi St. John


"Becoming Mom Strong" by Heidi St. John is not your typical Christian how to be a mom book.  What do I mean?  Well the author does not say if you do this formula as a parent your kids will be the perfect Christian kids and it will be an easy life.  Nope she keeps us real and keeps reminding us that our children need grace just like we do and that none of us is perfect.  This book was such a nice refreshing book in a sea of the perfect Christian mom and instagram mom advice/expectations that is out there.  Normally these type of books really bring me down as I don't fit stereotypes seriously most people if they seen me on the street would probable run or think that lady is crazy (ok maybe I am) but this book really reminded me my identity is in Christ not what cliques want me to be.  So many chapters I just can't pick a favorite what a refreshing book that did not hold a standard that we are never going to be able to reach.  I highly recommend this book as I know I will be re-reading it when I need an uplifting mom book.

I was given this book from Tyndale Publishers for free and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...