Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Beloved Hope by Tracie Peterson


"Beloved Hope" by Tracie Peterson is the second book in the Heart of the Frontier series and this one is about the middle sister Hope.  This book series is so powerful that I can't wait for the next one (I know there will be as it is set up to have a third book.)  In this book we find more of the story of Hope who seen her love of her life murdered during the Whitman massacre and raped while being captive now she is having to testify against the leaders and her rapist.  While she is healing from this her pain we find soldier Lance Kenner healing from his past and what starts as friendship well you kinda know where it will go.  Normally I can't stand romance but this one was not so much about romance as it was about healing and forgiveness. The author really portrays the anger and pain that hope has experienced in such a way you think you are reading someones actual diary from the Whitman massacre.   Also we see more of the youngest sister's story also which is where I assume the next book will pick up from.  I want to say so much more about the story but if I do I will give it away so I won't.  Once I picked up this book I really could not put it down it is that good.  The story is so powerful and I highly recommend it.

I was given this book from Bethany House for free and not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...